Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mac Miller Being Sued For $10 Million By Hip Hop Legend


Mac Miller is reportedly being sued for 10 million dollars by Lord Finesse for sampling his song called, "Hip 2 Da Game." The track that this controversial sample is featured on is, "Kool Aid & Frozen Pizza," which appeared on his mixtape, 'K.I.D.S.' As I am sure all Mac Miller fans know this mixtape played a large roll in Mac taking his career to the next level.
Now a days many of the most popular tracks have samples mixed in making everyone a taker with little to give. Finesses's lawyer had this to say.
"This is a case about a teenage rapper–Mac Miller–copying the music from a song written, produced and performed by Lord Finesse, a hip hop legend, changing the title and then distributing it under his own name in order to launch his music career,"
The law suit includes "copyright infringement, unfair competition, unjust enrichment, interference, deceptive trade practices, and a number of related state law claims."
However, there are two sides to every story and Mac Miller will not go out silently. Miller took to his twitter account to blow off some steam.
"This life aint no paradise. I hope all of you are grateful for the things you get to experience in this world. Experience is worth more than a dollar. I wish for you all to be happy in the life that you are living no matter what that is all of us go through our own pain and our own pleasures, thats inevitable. I just do this because i love music and i do not exist without it fuck a Mac Miller. Malcolm James McCormick does not exist without music. I am music, and that is the only place i exist in my purest form. I am nothing. I know nothing. I am not even a real person to most of you. i am nothing but a name that is attached to something you love. Most of you will never meet me. To everybody though, i just hope what i put my heart into can do something good for all of you. To those who dont support me, I have dealt with demons far more powerful then you, i am ready to fight and die for what i stand for. I aint hid in." – Mac Miller 

(Didn't know you could tweet that much, That's way more then 160 Characters) #Joking 



No comments:

Post a Comment