Thursday, July 12, 2012

Philly Pastor Has Beef With Meek Mill


A Pastor from Meek Mill's hometown of Philadelphia is upset with Meek's use of "Amen" in his song of the same name.
Meek Mill's stand-out single off his mixtape Dreamchasers 2 , "Amen" which features Jeremih & Drake, has been shunned by a Philadelphia Pastor named Jomo K. Johnson. The Pastor has been asking for a ban on radio play of "Amen."
Johnson is upset with Meek's use of the word "Amen" in his record, and he is even writing a book condemning Meek Mill and accusing him of blasphemy. The two got into a heated debate while on air on Philly's Hot 107.9, and didn't resolve anything.
During the on-air exchange, Meek says he thinks Pastor is just looking for fame and if he'd gone about it in a different way, Meek would have offered money to the church. 
"From my understanding and my look at it, it's looking like you're trying to get famous or you need some attention because you could've came to me and you could've said anything you wanted to say and I might've helped you," he said. "If you wanted me to send money for your church, I might've would've gave you that money, or I might've would've even remixed the song…you went about it and you went like you're looking for attention and fame, that's the way it's lookin' to me."
"I'm out here feeding my family, for you to talk about you want to ban me? I took thirty drug dealers off the street...where was you at?"


Editors notes 

1st off how did this pastor even hear this song? Didn't know hardcore hip hop was his style. Also the fact that you're writing a book over one of his song just because it was on the radio. There's a hand full of songs that you could "Bitch" about but just because he is a Philly native you think you'll get more support from the hood. This is probably the same guy who was mad about drug dealers on the block but praised him when they donated money to the church. Last time I checked the Church isn't something I'd wanna trust. They've lied about sexual assault an who knows where all the money goes. (Maybe into his pocket?)  This story makes Meek look like a hero for taking drug dealers off the streets by giving them a real job in the music game. 


If Moneys the root of all evil, why do Churches beg for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment