Friday, June 29, 2012

MGK talks about his "Invincible" track

MGK explains the story behind the making of his song "Invincible" which he was against doing in the first place.

Machine gun Kelly spoke about the song he did with Ester Dean (Invincible) during an interview with WILD 94.1

He revealed during the interview that he originally hated the song since it was brought to him by "Corporate America" an he deemed it a "cookie-cutter track" comparing it to "Airplanes" by B.O.B

He says. At first it seemed like a contest between Interscope rappers Yelawolf, Kendrick Lamar an himself which MGK says he was against.

"I don't operate like that" referring to the making of "Invinfible" you weren't there making the song with each other in the studio. It was presented to you. I wrote all my hooks.... So when I got the hook. I was offended you guys think I'm a cookie-cutter artist. I don't work like that and I never talked to Ester Dean in my life. I've never talked to the producer whose Alex Da Kid who makes those cookie-cutter records"

Eventually, he was asked to record a second verse after he assumed it was over with, Kelly said "he didn't want anything to do with the song and would not make a video for it" months later though he was asked by the producer Alex Da Kid to re-record his verse because the producer hated the first one, although I'm MGK was angry at first, he stormed out of the studio when he realized he was getting people fired over it. He thought about the individuals an had a change of heart.

"You have to do this you have to have to have to like people are getting fired, and people really were getting fired over it and MGK explained as they are. "Like you can't make this petty new artist on our label do a song? This was the boss asking for it."


Kelly said of re-doing the second verse. "I took all my anger on the second verse. If you listen to the second verse, that's one of the best verses I heard of my life"



(personally, I just think this kid is immature. When you sign to a label you're signing a agreement. If they want you to do a radio friendly song you already agreed to it in your contract prior to being signed. Don't be mad when you don't read the fine print if you can't handle it go Indie in the music industry. Every artist is expendable)



on a side note MGK could never match up to Kendrick Lamar

No comments:

Post a Comment